Song Catching Worksheet
Directions: Write answers on a separate sheet of paper.
- What is the name of a childhood song that you learned from someone else?
- What are the lyrics to the first verse of the song?
- Is the song sung in English or another language?
- Are there gestures or movements to go with the song?
- Have you changed the song since you learned it? If "yes," how?
- When, where, with whom, and how often do you sing the song? Is it on
an ordinary or special occasion?
- Describe who taught you the song.
- If you could teach the song to someone, who would it be, and why?
- Do you share any songs with other students at your school? Describe.
Are there movements you do to the song?
- What music is shared only between girls? Only between boys? Describe
differences that you see.
Adapted with permission from www.louisianavoices.org.